Question:
Was Schwarzenegger right in not giving Tookie clemancy?
slavik0329
2005-12-12 14:47:20 UTC
Was Schwarzenegger right in not giving Tookie clemancy?
Four answers:
codyman1022
2005-12-12 14:56:24 UTC
Yes, It's absurd that just because a bunch of stupid celebrities start saying that they support some old gang banger that the public actually listens to them. My god, when will America stop watching gay reality TV, reading their stupid tabloids, and especially stop caring about celebrities pollitical opinions. Most of these people have not gone to college, or even worse dropped out of highschool. Schwarzenegger made the right decision, even though he is also a celebrity. God California is in la la land.
2005-12-12 14:50:40 UTC
Tookie was granted a fair trial on the merits and found guilty. He was sentenced to death in accordance with state law. Gov. Schwarzenegger does not want to set a precedent that clemency may be granted simply for fear of unpopular reaction. If Tookie was indeed found guilty for four murders, and no evidence suggests that the trial took place incorrectly, the governor's decision is the proper one to preserve the rule of law and to enforce punishment for criminals consistently.
Cranky Old Goat
2005-12-12 14:52:35 UTC
Emphatically, No. I have no vested interest in this as I live on the East Coast, but anyone can reform. Dubya is a reformed coke sniffing alcoholic (as he admitted along with others) and is now a born again christian leading the US to? Even as a conservative, I ask, what deterrent is Capital Punishment and how could Williams effectively control the Crips while in prison. Growing up poor from any race is damn hard and needs to be taken in to consideration.
Wizard
2005-12-12 14:51:23 UTC
All I can say is... Double Jeopardy.