Question:
im worried, clarify things?
Sono Calda™
2009-03-29 19:06:24 UTC
I'm worried that china might invade the us. Mom heard something that they are building up there army. Do you think they could/would invade the us and use neuclear weapons?
Four answers:
kittcarson_99
2009-03-29 22:11:38 UTC
One of my best friends had this discussion with me a couple of years back. Could a foreign power invade our country successfully. We spent an afternoon thinking about it and tossing ideas back and fourth and eventually we came to some conclusions. 1 They (the foreign power in question) would probably move through the port cities and border cities easily with enough manpower and tactical air strikes. Cities have a lot of restrictions on the ownership of personal weapons. 2 Nukes are unlikely except from some radical groups that do not have the manpower or support to launch an invasion (The first person to launch a nuke will have massive reprisal from all of their enemies that have the capability. This includes the US.). 3 Once they get out of the port and border cities The people who own weapons and have the will to use them will be waiting(I'm a fair shot myself and anything within about 100 yards is mine. Most all of my hunting friends are the same way more or less, and all of us know how to move quietly and set up a shooting position.Those that own weapons and do not have the skills will be the distraction for those of us that do.). 4 While small groups and special forces may move in away from port cities, the facilities of these port cities would be needed to move in any significant numbers of manpower and equipment to move forward with the invasion (We used this basic tactical requirement as our starting premise.). 5 The wide dispersal of privately owned weapons and unconventional tactics that individual groups would adopt as they encountered the invaders would inject enough chaos into the invasion to give our regular military forces enough time to mount a conventional defense to remove the invaders and retaliate to the hostile nation or group. 6 Only a complete lunatic would even consider using a nuke(So far as we know only about a dozen governments worldwide have nuclear capability, but one can never rule out the possibility of a terrorist group getting there hands on one.).
D J
2009-03-30 02:55:28 UTC
China has no reason to invade us, nor would they ever anyway. Our trade ties are too strong with them for anything of that nature to happen. They might be building up their army, but it's most likely because they know we were weakened by the recession, and they want to emerge and appear as a bigger world power, but they would never invade us.
2009-03-30 03:08:21 UTC
China is in too good of a position right now to invade us. Their economy is growing like crazy and things are looking up for them. Plus, we are in debt out the wazoo to them. Their having a jolly time.
Allen H
2009-03-30 04:11:57 UTC
Invade us? They could just ask for the money we borrowed back and take over the U.S. without firing a shot.