Question:
Why does Quebec have the Bloc Quebecois but there's no Ontario or Alberta party?
2008-12-22 04:23:59 UTC
Or any other province, for the matter?

Why is it acceptable for Quebec to have their own identity as a province but not for others?
Eight answers:
2008-12-22 05:00:39 UTC
They think they are special because they speak French. The rest of the provinces have more of a national allegiance. Not Quebec. They want autonomy but with all the benefits eg: Medicare, Gov't pensions etc that the rest of the country has but they want to have the final say with regard to what happens to them. Ridiculous. That is why nothing has happened to their big plan.
E. M.
2008-12-22 08:11:21 UTC
Because the Bloc Quebecois fuels on Quebec bashing, so each time you speak against the Quebecois nation (remember, that Harper thingy), you give reasons for the people there to vote Bloc. No such phenomena exist in Alberta or Ontario.

People there might speak French, but they can also read the unfriendly comments about Quebec in newspapers such as The National Post or The Globe and Mail, or on websites such as Yahoo! Q&A, for example.
2008-12-22 04:58:08 UTC
Out west it was the rightwing Reform party led by Preston Manning, which splintered not long after becoming the official opposition. There are bits and pieces out in western Canada, most of whom are descended from rightwing Americans who invaded during the Great Depression.

Ontario has traditionally been the hub of the Liberal Party, so I consider them exactly that. The BQ/PQ has always been a separatist party. The others are against the dissolution of Canada.
mathisen
2016-10-25 12:23:19 UTC
all of us seem a similar. the ladies in Montreal may be somewhat extra of the get mutually style and also you'll discover extra hippies in BC. loads of cowgirls in alberta and extra american searching ladies in ontario...
2008-12-23 06:52:10 UTC
Because the politicians are afraid to do anything about and we give into them all the time.But be aware of Alberta they are tired of being screwed and there separatist movement is growing
Big Bird
2008-12-22 04:33:25 UTC
The rest of us want to remain part of Canada, so we don't waste our time or political contributions trying to tear the country apart like the Bloc do.
?
2008-12-22 08:47:20 UTC
because quebec is the only one who wants to secede and have their own country.
Zeke S
2008-12-22 04:57:28 UTC
Perhaps because the other provinces think as "ONE" Canada for "all" and are not just OUT FOR "THEMSELVES" ! !